Monday, August 20, 2012

The Love of Puzzles

Ravensburger Underwater Tranquility -5000Pieces

Isn't it weird how there are some things in life that you enjoy doing like a hobby that others don't feel the same admiration for. Well personally for me, my love for building puzzles often baffles others. I hear "It's so hard", "It takes so long" etc. over and over again. Sure, I understand that, but I find the finished product is always worth the time taken to build it.

Ravensburger African Animals- 3000Pieces

I think it was because I started young. How young exactly? Probably around the age of one I had begun playing with the children jigsaw puzzles with the large pieces. I remember playing it also while in pre-school too before kindergarten. I guess it might have been also in my genes, considering both my mom and dad enjoyed building jigsaw puzzles together before I was born. As I grew older, I also became fascinated with the Wrebbit 3D Puzzles and would always ask for them as birthday and Christmas gifts. Today, there are no more 3D puzzles available unfortunately, but I have become a huge fan of the Ravensburger series of jigsaw puzzles. The quality of the pieces are the best standards I have come across through twenty years of building puzzles.

Wrebbit 3D San Francisco- 1500Pieces
Wrebbit 3D Venice- 1500Pieces


Finally, I am glad I have this as my interest and passion because it has helped me become a more patient person. Building large scale puzzles of 3,000 and even 5,000 pieces takes a lot of time and patience. I no longer become easily frustrated with problems, am able to step back, and look at the problem from a distance, a new perspective. And that is something not many interests can help an individual like myself learn. It simply is priceless. It also gives me some alone time, where I am in a calm, clean slate state of mind where any problems I may have, just simply no longer matters and I am at peace with myself in building this puzzle.

Wrebbit 3D Puzzle New York, New York- 3000Pieces

If you're interested in undertaking this interest, feel free to check out a blog post I wrote previously: How to Build a 5000 Piece Ravensburger Jigsaw Puzzle where I outline some simple steps in completing any jigsaw puzzle.

Ravensburger Oceanic Wonders- 3000Pieces

My proudest accomplishments: Building the 5,000 piece Underwater Tranquility, the New York 3,000+ piece 3D puzzle.